Monday, August 21, 2017

Grow Baby Grow {Paige} - 8 Months

I was looking back at Drew's 8-month update, and there are a lot of similarities between my girls - namely that they aren't babies anymore, ha. Lots and lots of growth this month for our littlest love.


Stats:
Weight: ~16.5 pounds
Clothes: 6-9 months or 6-12 months
Diapers: size 3 in disposables, 1 snap down in cloth
Hair: light brown, almost blonde
Eyes: Hazel like the siblings but sometimes they look blue

Paige started pulling to standing this month. She crawls everywhere and can pull up and has even let go! She pulls up in her crib {we had a fun few days where she couldn't figure out how to get back down}, onto her standing toys, on furniture, on us, she loves to stand!

She is talking so much more - we had an explosion of sound out of her. 'Ma-ma', 'da-da', 'ba-ba' {sounds like Bubba!} are phrases we hear a lot, and she just babbles happily. She is starting to understand us, too. She hears me say 'No' when she reaches for plugs and will stop. She also knows when I'm asking if she wants milk or water {I also sign both} or if she's all done. She raises her hands, but I'm not sure yet if she is telling me that she's all done or if it's a coincidence.

She slept through the night one time {August 13} which was magical since it hasn't happened in months. Then this past week, she must have been going through something developmental {Wonder Weeks leap? Sleep regression? Teething?} because we partied A LOT in the night, which was especially fun in a hotel room!

Paige continues to LOVE water which is so crazy for how much she hated it when she was first born. The pool, the shower with us, she's even taken a bath in her big bathtub and loved it.

We have yet to find a food she doesn't like. She's eating eggs, cantaloupe, grapes, blueberries, apples, grapes, peaches, avocado, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, steamed carrots, broccoli, squirty fruits - I'm sure there's more but this is what I can think of. She wants to eat ALL THE TIME. If we are eating, and she isn't, she is mad and will let us know it. 

She has 2 teeth. Trent got his much earlier, and Drew was later.

Nursing continues to go well - although she is much less obsessed with nursing than Drew was. A lot of times I have to go somewhere quiet with no one else around to get Paige to nurse. She nurses great before her naps and bedtime, so I try to get in as much milk as I can, ha.

Paige takes 2 naps a day - typically 2 - 2.5 hours after she woke up. She goes to bed anywhere between 7:00 and 8:30 depending on when she woke up. Sometimes she nurses to sleep but that is happening less and less often. And sometimes she screams and it takes several attempts to get her asleep. TMI but a lot of times that's when she poops, ha!

She loves to play with paper, anything that belongs to Bubba or Sister, she loves to dance {and the table toy where she can stand AND dance is HEAVEN}. She also prefers anything an adult has over toys.

We also play a fun game of copycat in the car. She will make a sound, then I will make it, and we go back and forth - she loves that! We also have fun playing peek-a-boo. The big kids love to do this with her, and she has even covered her eyes and when I say 'Where's Paige?' she will put down whatever she put over her eyes - so cute!

I think waving and clapping and more language comprehension are on the horizon. I wonder when more teeth will get here {Trent had SEVEN at 9 months} and when she will walk {Trent was 10.5 months and Drew was 10 months} - it's just all coming so fast!

Paige, the only word I have to describe you is joy. I always wanted 3 kids, and I expected it to be challenging, but I didn't know how happy you would make me. Having 3 has been less difficult than I thought it would be, and I think that is largely because of your personality. Everyone loves you because you are just pure happiness. I didn't know how adding a baby to our mix was going to be, and I did worry about the repercussions, but you are utter perfection. The perfect caboose for our crazy train and we love you beyond measure.